EcoWeek & Science Probes
Fifth grade students from across Poudre School District are using the tools of the professionals. EdTech has purchased kits to use when you attend EcoWeek. EdTech has 4 kits (2 weather, 1 energy and 1 water) that can be used with students of all ages.
Each kit comes with customizable activities designed to reinforce the 5th grade science content standards.
Weather & Water kits address standards such as:
- Analyze and interpret data identifying ways Earth’s surface is constantly changing through a variety of processes and forces such as plate tectonics, erosion, deposition, solar influences, climate, and human activity
Energy Kit will address standards such as:
- Show that electricity in circuits requires a complete loop through which current can pass
- Develop and communicate a scientific explanation addressing a question of local relevance about resources generated by the sun or Earth.
What we can do with students…
The typical lesson flow is as follows
- Planning with EdTech to customize your activities
- EdTech will visit your site and set up a GPS/Science probe course in your schoolyard
- EdTech will travel to EcoWeek and set up the GPS and Science probe course
- EdTech can revisit data with students once back in your classroom, comparing the schoolyard and mountainous data sets.
How to reserve kits
Follow these simple instructions to reserve using the PSD Curriculum/FOSS library system.